Mailscanner eating my resources. I just can't fix it. Help!

Robert Borkowski robert at TIMARU.COM
Tue Jun 29 00:23:04 IST 2004

::On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 00:09, Robert Borkowski wrote:
::
::>
::> No, it's not swapping, but the swap file is enabled and works.
::>
::> Of course that system load of 1 is not critical, but if I
::will leave
::> my machine for 12 hours I will have 6 and more. All because
::of those
::> "continuously running" processes.
::>
::> I've narrow the problem to the bayes system. When I turn it
::off, all
::> is just fine. CPU usage < 5%, system load < 1. No mail
::waiting in the
::> queue.in to be processes
::> by MailScanner/SpamAssassin.
::>
::How big is your Bayes?
::We had a few issues with older versions of MS and Bayes where
::we ended up with huge files etc., which led to problems all
::over the place. The starter Bayes provided by Steve in
::FSL.com is a handy tool

bayes_seen 39MB
bayes_toks 43MB

At the moment I have the latest version of MS and the problem
still exists. I'll upgrade SA tonight.

This started when we have implemented GERMANSPAM rule in local.cf

header GERMANSPAM  MESSAGEID =~ /^<.*[a-z].*\.qmail\@.*>/
describe GERMANSPAM Contains German Spam
score GERMANSPAM 10 10 10 10

Thank for you help.
Robert

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk