OT: Mailscanner remote training via console

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Mon Jun 28 22:45:19 IST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 04:35:11PM -0500, Erick Perez wrote:
> I want to remotely train a person on how to config MS on a Linux RH 9 box. I
> only have access to the remote server via SSH and the remote person is
> seated at the console.
> Is there any script/program tha will allow me to "feed" what am i doing from
> pts/0 to tty1 ?
>
> Thanks,

well ... you can do:

sh &> /dev/tty9

but then you can't see what you're typing ...

I think maybe you can copy standard error and standard out to another
file descriptor and redirect that to a tty ... but I'm on my way out the
door and can't think of how to do it off the top of my head.

Anyway, hope that helps at least a little.

-Eric Rz.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk