Mailscanner and Sendmail 8.13.0 with "Greet Pause"

Timothy Barhorst timb at VWG.COM
Mon Jun 28 18:50:16 IST 2004

Fixed!

Greet_Pause feature has to be installed AFTER the access_db feature

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Barhorst [mailto:timb at vwg.com]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 1:16 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [MAILSCANNER] Mailscanner and Sendmail 8.13.0 with "Greet
Pause"

Hello to Everyone,

Has anyone tried enabling the following feature with MailScanner?

              "If enabled by the new ruleset greet_pause (see
         FEATURE(`greet_pause')), sendmail will wait the specified
         amount of time before sending the initial 220 SMTP
         greeting.  If any traffic is received before then, a 554
         SMTP response is sent and all SMTP commands are rejected
         during that connection.

When I enable it, my MailScanner system will NOT receive mail. I've
tried several values from 1 sec. to 15 with no luck.
When I revert back to the original .mc and cf file everything works o.k.

Tim
To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk