Log analyzer

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Mon Jun 28 17:25:57 IST 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 12:06:29AM -0700, John Rudd wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2004, at 3:17 AM, Steve Freegard wrote:
> >John,
> >>Oh... hm.  Except for the php and mysql parts, yeah :-}
> 2) when mailscanner finds messages to scan, you find out how many
> messages, but NOT _which_ messages, so you never know with certainty
> when a particular message was picked up (nor _IF_ it was picked up).

I'm not sure if this would be an acceptable workaround, but, if you are
archiving mail mailscanner puts a line like this in the log:

Jun 28 12:22:33 hostname MailScanner[2934]: Archived message <message-ID> to mbox file /path/to/file

So that could tell you with the non-sql logging which messages are
picked up. I think you can archive to /dev/null if you don't want to
actually keep the archive.

-Eric Rz.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk