Messages with multiple recipients not being scanned

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Mon Jun 28 10:40:31 IST 2004

Hi Raymond.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to search for
splitting  of messages and then found an e-mail with a pointer to a
FAQ-o-Matic answer. I wasn't searching for the correct keywords..

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/169.html

Appreciate the help.

gib

At 09:54 AM 6/28/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > I remember reading on the list at some point in time about having to do
> > something to make sendmail or MailScanner treat each recipient as an
> > individual e-mail, I've tried going through the archives but can't seem to
> > find the thread.
> >
> > Running the following:
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.10
> > MailScanner 4.26.8
> > SpamAssassin 2.63
> > ClamAV .72
>
>If you are using sendmail you should/could use the rcpt splitting, this is
>also mentioned in the mailinglist before. Exim only can do this on
>outgoing queues so there you need an extra instance to get the same
>results. MailScanner itself also has some features, but this will result
>in defaulkt behaviour, and not per user behaviour...
>
>Bye,
>Raymond.
>
>-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
>To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
>Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
>http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives at
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems