MCP Checking

Matt Krause mkrause at legacyelectronics.com
Fri Jun 25 19:45:37 IST 2004

It is catching everything and the log says it is
store,forward,review at example.com, but the review never gets the email.
Review is a valid account because it works find receiving tagged spam
from Mailscanner

So:

Jun 20 23:04:37 server MailScanner[30596]: Message 60B2C11E8F8 from
202.104.194.3 (pequery at techwise-circuits.com) to example.com is MCP,
MCP-Checker (score=1, required 1, badword)
Jun 20 23:04:37 server MailScanner[30596]: MCP Actions: message
60B2C11E8F8 actions are store,forward,review at example.com

but the messages never shows up in review's inbox, but it is in the
quarantine folder, and the receiver never gets an email telling them of
a MCP violation.  So according the logs, it is working, so it is almost
impossible to tell when it stopped working, because at some point, I
know it was working fine.

Thanks.

Matt

Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Matt Krause wrote:
>
>> Please...anyone....
>>
>> All the sudden my MCP isn't working. It is catching and quaranting
>> (store) messages, but it won't forward and it won't send notices out.
>> Any ideas?  Thanks.
>

> What's in your logs?
>

>> relevant part of MailScanner.conf
>>
>> MCP Checks = yes
>>
>> MCP Required SpamAssassin Score = 1
>> MCP High SpamAssassin Score = 10
>> MCP Error Score = 1
>>
>> MCP Header = X-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
>> Non MCP Actions = deliver
>> MCP Actions = store forward review at example.com
>> High Scoring MCP Actions = store forward review at example.com
>>
>> Is Definitely MCP = no
>> Is Definitely Not MCP = no
>> Definite MCP Is High Scoring = no
>> Always Include MCP Report = no
>> Detailed MCP Report = yes
>> Include Scores In MCP Report = no
>> Log MCP = yes
>>
>> MCP Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
>> MCP Max SpamAssassin Size = 100000
>> MCP SpamAssassin Timeout = 60
>>
>> MCP SpamAssassin Prefs File = %mcp-dir%/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>> MCP SpamAssassin User State Dir =
>> MCP SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
>> MCP SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
>> MCP SpamAssassin Install Prefix = %mcp-dir%
>> Recipient MCP Report = %report-dir%/recipient.mcp.report.txt
>> Sender MCP Report = %report-dir%/sender.mcp.report.txt
>>
>> --

Matt Krause
mkrause at legacyelectronics.com
LAN Support