MailScanner and RHEL 3

Chris Conn cconn at ABACOM.COM
Fri Jun 25 17:06:29 IST 2004

Trever Furnish wrote:

> [...]

Hello,

We have several RHEL3 systems running MailScanner, SpamAssassin and
Clamav and none of those systems have even _touched_ the swap.  Some of
these systems handle up to 200,000 messages per day, sometimes more
depending on the usual spam load =)  Load averages are consistently
below 0.5 and hover around 0.2, and these systems are configured with
2GB of RAM.

We have stuck to RH kernels, the only thing we may have done differently
is rebuild all of the RPMs for the various utilities (SpamAssassin and
clamav in particular) using rpmbuild instead of installing the pre-built
rpms.  The rest is RedHat stock.

Chris

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk