MailScanner/Sendmail Gateway LDAP

Harry Hanson harryh at CET.COM
Fri Jun 25 01:37:03 IST 2004

I consulted the 'MAQ' and did not find any examples.. Only a reference:

Hardware: 1 X Pentium IV, 800MHz, 1G RAM, 40G miniIDE (Blade server)
Software: Mandrake 9.1, Sendmail using 'LDAP routing' to filter invalid
addresses so they don't hit exchange, Spamassassin + bigevil, chickenpox
etc.,
Pyzor, DCC, Razor, Vispan, Mailscanner-MRTG
RBLs: None in MTA, None in MailScanner, All in SpamAssassin; Also filtering
some know virus subjects by name at MTA level
Virus Scanners: ClamAV
Volume: 16000 incoming messages/day (only incoming is scanned)
Average Load: tops around 4

So I know this can be accomplished, but I am hoping to find some resources
on how to configure this setup. Did I miss something in the 'MAQ'?

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk