MailScanner and RHEL 3

List Account lists99 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 24 15:02:38 IST 2004

I run it at work processing ~125K messages a month, and it works great.  The
only catch is that the memory subsystem in RHEL 3.0 has some serious issues
that updating will not fix.  You'll find that over time, your memory will be
eaten up by buffer cache, and your MailScanner/MTA/SpamAssassin/AV processes
will get pushed into swap.  This makes the performance horrible, because
your processors get eaten up by I/O wait.  The only fix at this time is to
disable swap for your server, then it runs great.

>From: Adam Luchjenbroers <adam at LUCHJENBROERS.COM>
>To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>Subject: MailScanner and RHEL 3
>Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:41:28 -0500
>
>Just wondering if anyone here who has run\tried to run MailScanner on
>Redhat
>Enterprise Linux 3 has had much success.
>
>I'm collecting some information on RHEL3 compatibility for a server
>migration.

>To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
>Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
>http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives at
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

Make the most of your family vacation with tips from the MSN Family Travel
Guide! http://dollar.msn.com

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk