request of list members

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Wed Jun 23 23:52:03 IST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:19 am, Chris wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 04:03 pm, James Gray wrote:
> > As for a rule, just make the following changes to MailScanner.conf:
> >
> > - Change "Scanned Modify Subject = yes" to be a rule set, ie, (change
> > "yes" to "%etc-dir%/rules/subject.scanned.rules")
> >
> > - Create the "subject.scanned.rules" file in your rules directory with:
> > ToOrFrom:    mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk    no
> > ToOrFrom:    default                       yes
> >
> > - Restart MailScanner and voila.
> >
> > You could even wild card the "jiscmail.ac.uk" domain
> > (*@*jiscmail.ac.uk) if you wanted to - that's what I've done :)
>
> You sure it's this below?
> Scanned Modify Subject = %etc-dir%/rules/subject.scanned.rules # end
> Errors on mine.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Chris

Without knowing the error I can only make some general suggestions:
1. Is "%etc-dir%" defined at the top of MailScanner.conf?

2. Did you create the "subject.scanned.rules" file in the correct place?
(Check where %etc-dir% is pointing)

3. Is the "subject.scanned.rules" file readable by the MailScanner process?
Sometimes this isn't root (my boxes use the "mail" user).  If in doubt,
just "chmod 0644 subject.scanned.rules" will make it world readable.

4. What error are you getting?

Hope that helps - if not, let us know what error you're getting :)

James
--
A bachelor is a selfish, undeserving guy who has cheated some woman out
of a divorce.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk