WINNING NOTIFICATION /FINAL NOTICE

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Tue Jun 22 17:48:50 IST 2004

>On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:59:56 -0700, Craig Daters wrote:
>>  SpamAssassin is called by MailScanner, custom rules are in
>>  /etc/mail/spamassassin, and all the files in there have the same
>>  ownership and permissions that the MailScanner config files have in
>>  /etc/MailScanner. That of root and 640
>
>SA is *also* getting called directly on the same machine, judging from
>the various X-Spam-* headers which are not inserted when called from
>MailScanner:

Just checked the system again, and it appears that I had an old
.procmailrc sitting in my home folder that was calling Spam Assassin.

>Try setting Detailed Spam Report = yes (and if you like, Include Scores
>in SpamAssassin Report = yes) in your MailScanner.conf to see the full
>SA report used by MS.

These are/were set, you saw what I saw with regard to the full SA
report used by MS.

So the question remains however, How come SA gave the message a score
of 20.x when MS gave it a score of 6.x? What is getting missed?

Craig Daters (craig at westpress dot com)
Systems Administrator
West Press Printing
1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745-1433