Fwd: WINNING NOTIFICATION /FINAL NOTICE

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Tue Jun 22 14:31:20 IST 2004

>At 05:10 PM 6/21/2004, Craig Daters wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me why MailScanner found this message to be clean
>>when SpamAssassin obviously did not? Where in my MailScanner config
>>can I change this? MailScanner gave this message a score of 6.8
>>according to MailWatch, and SpamAssassin gave it 20.5
>
>Do you have a list of rule hits for MailScanner, or just a score?
>
>From the looks of things, it looks like you've got a lot of custom rules
>on your copy of SpamAssassin that you manually ran the message through, but
>the copy MailScanner is using doesn't have them.
>
>Are both scans being done on the same machine? same config?

MailScanner, SpamAssassin, and all VirusAV checks are done on the
same machine. MailScanner is set:

Use SpamAssassin = yes

So when I get a message in my mailbox that looks like SpamAssassin
tagged it as 20.5 (high scoring spam) versus MailScanner which tagged
it as 6.8 (my threshold is set at 7) I'm a little curious as to how
MailScanner came up with it's figure and not used the 20.5 figure. I
always thought that MailScanner used SpamAssassin's figure.

I am also using Rules du Jour with my set up to add some additional
rulesets to SpamAssassin which is where the other custom rules came
from.

My setup with MailScanner has been working beautifully since I
installed it back in March, and this is the first thing to come
through that has really stumped me.

Craig D.

Craig Daters (craig at westpress dot com)
Systems Administrator
West Press Printing
1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745-1433