Debian Testing/Unstable, Exim4 and MailScanner 4

Pimperton, Alex R M armpim at ESSEX.AC.UK
Mon Jun 21 19:42:02 IST 2004

Hi

Can anybody write a simple how-to with example scripts for getting mailscanner working with exim4 on debian?

I want to go down the two exim queue route, and when I tried, I got as far as having exim recieve mail and queue it, having mailscanner pick it up and scan it, but I couldn't get the other exim daemon to deliever the mail again.

I have googled for help, and found a few hints as to how to do it with one daemon, and I have searched the archives and again found a few hints but nothing solid, and if anything, I'm now more confused than before.

Somebody on the list was going to write something up, and I was wondering if this had happened yet?

I have also had a look at README.exim4, but it doesnt seem to say anything about getting the daemons started with init.d, which is where i went wrong I think.

If anybody can write a mini how-to, or even mail me their /etc/init.d/exim4 and tell me what the spool directories they use are I would be very grateful.

I apologise if this question has allready been asked and I've missed the answer somewhere.

Regards

Alex

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk