MS postfix fetchmail multidrop

Thom Paine thom at CUSTOMNETWORKS.CA
Mon Jun 21 15:08:55 IST 2004

Do you have a localdomains line in your .fetchmailrc file?

-----Original Message-----
Of Brian Parish
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:03 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MS postfix fetchmail multidrop

I am trying to get a multidrop mail account working with MS and postfix and
fetchmail.  Not sure where the problem is, so I'm interested to know if
anyone is using this combination.

Fetchmail pulls the messages from a pop3 server using the:

user xxxx with pass yyyy to * here

syntax, but all messages are delivered to the catchall account aliased to
postmaster.  Headers are intact though and the mail client software sees the
messages as having been destined for the correct users.

If MS is transparent for this issue, then I guess this is OT and I should go
post on postfix lists, but any thoughts would be welcome.

TIA
Brian

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk