Per User Relaying

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Jun 17 15:12:40 IST 2004

Quick question, to verify if I got it right before I implement it:

If I don't want to use LDAP, I can always:

1. add...

domain.com

... to the list of domains at /etc/mail/local-host-names

2. add...

user1 at domain.com OK
user2 at domain.com OK
user3 at domain.com OK
domain.com 550 User unknown

... to /etc/mail/access, make -C /etc/mail, killall -HUP sendmail

This way, for a small setup (10-20 users), I can divert mail
post-mailscanner to an internal server running any MTA, while stopping mail
for users that don't exist.

Would this (at least in theory) work?