Help! ....We are taking 120k msgs per day and climbing

Michael Emdy michael at emdy.com
Thu Jun 17 13:11:18 IST 2004

Killing MailScanner-MRTG did the trick, brought our load back down to normal
levels:

08:04:37  up 1 day, 14:00,  4 users,  load average: 1.52, 1.50, 1.46

Hopefully this problem is fixed in the next release, is there any
safer/better way to run MailScanner-MRTG, showing the stats and results help
justify it's existence in our organization to the pointy haired bosses.

I don't think it's the quarantine directory as it's been holding over a 1000
files or more in the past without incident.

Thanks,

MTE