Help! ....We are taking 120k msgs per day and climbing

Kevin Hanser Kevin at MICA.NET
Wed Jun 16 20:46:20 IST 2004

<snip>

>     If you are using sendmail, you can place this in your
> sendmail.mc and
> regenerate the sendmail.cf, it will drop most of the SBL+XBL
> connections at
> the connection level easing the load on MailScanner.
>
> (no line break, tho there might be one in this email)
>
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org', `"550 5.7.1 ACCESS DENIED to
> <"$&f"> thru "$&{client_name}" by The Spamhaus SBL+XBL DNSBL
> ; Please visit
> http://www.spamhaus.org/ for more information."')dnl

I just put the above line in my sendmail.mc, and already I'm seeing
rejections based on it :)  And it looks like load is going down on my
server too.  I have one question though: the messages generated look
something like this:

reject=550 5.7.1 ACCESS DENIED to <> thru host242-37.po
ol82187.interbusiness.it by The Spamhaus SBL+XBL DNSBL ; Please visit
http://www
.spamhaus.org/ for more information.

My question is:  What's supposed to be in <>?  Do I have something not
set up properly on my sendmail?  This is the stock sendmail that comes
w/FC1...

Thx!

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk