spam getting through [SCANNED]

David Thurman listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET
Wed Jun 16 14:16:16 IST 2004

On 6/16/04 7:47 AM, "Joe Stuart" wrote:

> I've noticed in the last 6 weeks or so about 70% of spam has been
> getting tagged which is significantly down from before the past. Has
> anyone else noticed more spam getting through over time? I'm running
> latest stable versions of spamassassin and mailscanner.

Besides doing the "dumb" thing of whitelisting our own address (thanks guys
for the reprimand) we have seen some getting by because of SA timing out.
Are you sure it's not that? Also I think someone noted that the spammers are
using mail.xxx to just send directly to, which we have setup.

Seems you find one way to stop them, and they come up with 2 new ways to get
through :(
--
David Thurman
The Web Presence Group