MS Upgrade 4.31.6-1 and new MailScanner.conf

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 14 20:39:24 IST 2004

Upgraded MailScanner from 4.21-9 to 4.31.6-1.  The upgrade was successful.  I followed the instructions for replacing the old conf file with the new MailScanner.conf.  However, when I go to open the new MailScanner.conf, the file contains no data ( 0 bytes ).  What am I missing?

Running on Redhat 8

These are the instructions I followed for replacing the exising conf:
RPM
===
If you are using the RPM distributions then try this:
cd /etc/MailScanner
upgrade_MailScanner_conf MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew > MailScanner.ne
mv MailScanner.conf MailScanner.old
mv MailScanner.new  MailScanner.conf

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk