How do I configure MailScanner for Qmail?

Alfredo Rivera alfredorivera at INTELNETT.COM
Fri Jun 11 17:59:35 IST 2004

Hi guys,

I have a redhat 7.3 running and have installed mailscanner and clamav but I
cannot make them reject viruses attached to e-mail messages.

Some facts:
- MailScanner is running
- I can scan manually with clamscan and detect infected files
- I (think I) have configured correctly MailScanner to use clamav
- I have qmail running instead of sendmail

Now, the question is, how do I exactly configure MailScanner to use qmail
instead of sendmail?

When I start MailScanner, I get this:

"Starting MailScanner daemons:
         "incoming sendmail: sendmail: usage sendmail [ -t] ..." etc.
OK]
         "outgoing sendmail: sendmail: illegal option -- q
sendmail: usage sendmail [ -t] ..." etc.
OK"

However, Mailscanner seems to be started in spite of these errors.

Thanks for any help you can give me to have this running properly.

Best regards,

Alfredo
 intelNet WebMail

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk