Sendmail Question.

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Fri Jun 11 14:42:36 IST 2004

Douglas Willis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We run a mail gateway (MailScanner & sendmail) which is working well.
> We are moving to an LDAP database for mail routing and would like to
> only accept mail for valid email addresses and aliases which is then
> relayed to the internal mail hub.
>
> The problem I have is when I setup sendmail with
> FEATURE('ldap_routing,,,bounce) it will only accept mail for users in
> the LDAP database and does not do the alias expansion.
>
> Is there a way to get the alias expansion done before the LDAP lookup?

I don't know if this would be enough for you but we also use (I am not
the one who coded all this):
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases,ldap:-v mail -k
(udesRfc822MailAlias=%0)')dnl
define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC', `-h "ldap2.usherbrooke.ca
ldap1.usherbrooke.ca" -d uid=XXX,ou=abc,dc=usherbrooke,dc=ca -P
/etc/smtp-ldap.pwd -b dc=usherbrooke,dc=ca -M simple -s sub')dnl
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`usherbrooke.ca')dnl

Denis

--
   _