Stable MailScanner version 4.31.6 works with Kaspersky 5?

Andreas Semt as at COMPUTER-LEIPZIG.DE
Fri Jun 11 13:50:43 IST 2004

Hello List!

I searched the archive but found no concrete answer to my problem. I have
an old MailScanner version 4.14-9 on Debian Woody. Now i've installed
Kaspersky Antivirus for Linux File Servers version 5.0.2.0 and want to use
the client (of the daemon part) of that software called "aveclient". It
does not work with my old MailScanner version. So I found in the archive
that an uptade to the stable version of MailScanner would probably do the
trick. So I ask (only to be sure, because an update means a lot of work
and downtime ...):
Does an update to MailScanner stable (version 4.31.6) works with Kaspersky
Antivirus for Linux File Servers or Kaspersky Antivirus in generall? The
kaspersky-wrapper file of MailScanner 4.31.6 seems only know Kaspersky 4.5

Any experiences out there?

THANKS a lot!

Best regards,
Andreas Semt