[Fwd: {Spam?} Libanesen in Berlin <Id:1275>]

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Jun 10 18:30:09 IST 2004

Daniel Gercke wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> since some days we get more and more messages like this. All of these
> Messages have BAYES_00 -4.90 Points. But i think that bayes never heard
> these adresses before.

Bayes doesn't base its analysis only on addresses, it is based on the
words used in the messages (and headers, I think).

> Any idea how this can be ?
> Could a spammer fake or modify bayes detection?

No, but it can poison it, by sending innocent messages that are not
considered as spam, containing words he'll eventually use in his spam
messages.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk