Running Mailscanner AFTER sendmail?

hermit921 hermit921 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 9 23:31:20 IST 2004

At 02:51 PM 6/9/2004, Spam Account wrote:
>[deleted]
>
>So a solution to this would involve one of the following:
>
>Either A) Have sendmail accept the initial message, perform the
>necessary user lookups, pass to mail scanner, and then get it back and
>deliver it.
>
>or B) Make Mailscanner somehow aware of the sendmail hash so that
>spammers will get "user unknown" during the initial email send attempt.
>
>Is there any way to do this?
>
>Thanks.
>Scott.

We decided to keep an account list on each MailScanner system = choice
B.  Each account change on our sendmail server gets rsync'd to the
MailScanner boxes as part of updating the local aliases file.

This works fine, but it is an extra step.  We hope to eliminate this by
having the MailSCanner MTAs check with our main server for a valid ID
before accepting the mail, but not yet.

hermit921

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk