Error with a Zip File - System at 100% CPU

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Wed Jun 9 23:03:21 IST 2004

Two of my servers were at 100% CPU utilization.

After running MailScanner in debug mode got the following error on the
console...

format error: bad signature: 0x5003ff9b at offset 737316 in file
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/10615/i5974bR05977/1.zip
 at /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Archive/Zip.pm line 677

I moved the offending email into the outgoing queue, problem went away.

I got a copy of qf, df and zip if interested.

Different email, same problem, from and to same users on other server.

Clam says:

# clamscan 1.zip
1.zip: Zip module failure.
1.zip: OK