Any Ideas on how to get Mailscanner and Spamassassin to do base64 messages?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Jun 9 18:11:56 IST 2004

At 11:31 AM 6/9/2004, Jon Goldberg wrote:
>I currently am getting a lot of spam that looks like this (below).  ANy
>diea on how Mailscanner can or my MTA (Sendmail) can get this to
>spamassassin for rating?

As one person already recommended, the antidrug ruleset is helpful against
this.
         (Disclaimer: I wrote antidrug, so I do have bias)

Another add on that's helpful is the surbl.org URI blacklists. With sa 2.6x
it's a bit more involved to install, but it's really fairly easy. You just
get the Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI perl module from sourceforge and do
a standard install..

Your message itself got tagged on my system with these hits:

         BIZ_TLD 0.10, DRUGS_ANXIETY 0.01, DRUGS_ANXIETY_EREC 1.00,
         DRUGS_ERECTILE 1.00, LOCAL_MEDS_URI 0.50, SPAMCOP_URI_RBL 3.00)

(SPAMCOP_URI_RBL is the SURBL rule, very good spam hit rates, near zero
false positive rate)

The only custom non-public rule is the LOCAL_MEDS_URI rule, one of my
experimental rules. Still, the message would have tagged without it with a
score of 5.11. And of course that didn't even get any header rule points
because your headers are different than what a spammer would send....

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk