old patches, new patches

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Jun 9 17:08:24 IST 2004

Hi Julian,

were you able to take a look at the patches I proposed in
http://tinyurl.com/2qalx ?

'cause I'm doing... yet another one.

I think this one would be good for other people (that is, other than I)...

As I told before, I'm doing separate mailscanner's (actually, separate mail
servers) for incoming and outgoing mail in a large ISP.

They are very interested in checking _outgoing_ mail for spam (that is, to
find the spammers within their customers).

For this, we do outgoing spamassassin checks (without RBL's) and log
extensively (something adapted from SQLLogging).

In that log, we include the spamassassin report so that we know what rules
fired.

BUT... we don't want this spamassassin report to be visible in the headers of
the outgoing message.

With the current available configuration options, if the message is spam and
we want to log the rules, the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck: (or equivalent) header
WILL be added to the messages identified as spam.

I added an option
Never Include SpamAssassin Report =
to MailScanner.conf that prevents MailScanner to add the 'Spam Header' even
if the message is spam.

This modifies 3 lines in Message.pm and adds 2 lines to ConfigDefs.pl (plus
the new line in MailScanner.conf with its explanation).

Would you prefer that I create a version from scratch with this modifications
applied to a 'clean' 4.31.6?

Or I'd rather modify the ones I already left in
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/MS-new/ ?

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz