(Fwd) subject not modified (sometimes)

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Tue Jun 8 17:10:51 IST 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:28:34AM +0200, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> mikea wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:05:43PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> >>It is working nicely, but sometimes, and only sometimes, it refuses to
> >>modify the subject.
> > MailScanner doesn't prepend the {Probable-Spam} pr {Possible-Spam}
> > markers I use. Except for that small fraction, everything else seems
>
> Have you checked the headers for double Subject lines? I have seen some
> spam with double Subject headers and only one is changed but Outlook
> shows the other one which is not modified, depends on which one comes
> first I guess. I posted about this a while ago but no one answered.
>
> Julian?

No doubled "Subject:" headers. Everything looks just fine, as a matter
of unpleasant fact. I'd be happier if it didn't.

At least I _finally_ convinced the Powers That Be that the MailScanner
box belongs _outside_ the firewall, in the DMZ, where it gets to see
the other end of the SMTP connection directly.

I'm still checking the rest of the parms for oddities, mistakes,
and just plain screwups.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx