SpamAssassin Prefs File problem

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Mon Jun 7 21:31:33 IST 2004

Shahid Hussain wrote:

>>At 20:43 07/06/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>Whats "SpamAssassin Prefs File =" used for then?
>>
>>For holding custom SpamAssassin rules for starters. There are also other
>>settings in there which MailScanner does not control itself, such as all
>>the controls for Razor, Pyzor, DCC and Bayes. Read
>>         man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>>for info on all the other things that can go in there.
>>

>>>I have set it to "required_hits           2.0" in
>
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
>>>and then it should ignore "#Required SpamAssassin Score = 6" in
>>>MailScanner.conf
>>>
>>>Using rulesets? can you point me right direction please, thanks :)
>>
>>Please read the MAQ. The location of that is at the bottom of every list
>>posting.
>>--
>>Julian Field
>>www.MailScanner.info
>>Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>>MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>>PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>>

> bash-2.05b# man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> No manual entry for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>

> so I went to google and I found this:
> http://www.io.com/~jbrak/html/man_assassin_conf.html
> but it is similar what I have in spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> required_hits           2.0
> rewrite_subject         1
> subject_tag             [Possible Spam?]
> report_safe             1
> use_terse_report        1
>
> use_bayes               1
> auto_learn              1
> skip_rbl_checks         0
> use_razor2              1
> use_dcc                 1
> use_pyzor               1
> ok_languages            all
> ok_locales              all
>
> ^^^ is correct?, im doing it right?
>
> spamd -d is running at the background as well..

Not needed...

> Yes I did took a look at http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ before this
> morning, what did I miss?

The part on Spamassassin?  You have to _read_ the page.  You have all
you need there. You only have to spend something like 30 minutes to read
through it completely and you have 90% of the info you need to
understand MailScanner as much as one could understand without opening
the code.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk