MailScanner+dspam ?

Robert Mena rt_mena at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 13:48:07 IST 2004

Well,

Seems to me that the approach and features of DSPAM

- compiled for speed
- support for bayesian (with global and individual
chained databases)
- support for mysql
- admin tools with reports builtin
- web support for retrieving quarentine files
- easy way to let users train the spam/ham

Are more focused in a mixed enviroment such as ISPs.

SpamAssassin appears to have incorporated some of
those features and others are supported as hacks but
does not feel like it is something integrated.

Anyway, I haven't actually used dspam but the
integration with mailscanner is something desirable
since the actual solution use it with clamav and
spamassassin