New spam faking whitelisting

Chris Conn cconn at ABACOM.COM
Fri Jun 4 22:53:04 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> At 16:48 04/06/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hello,

>> For instance:
>>
>> To:             postmaster at domain.com           100
>> To:             someuser at domain.com             50
>> FromOrTo:       default                         10
>>
>> Can this be done?  I want to change the following section:

> That's exactly right.
> --

Hello,

I tried using the "High SpamAssassin Score" with the above ruleset and I
have the same results as the Whitelist ruleset, which is the email gets
delivered to all of the To: and Cc: or Bcc: recipients.  If you
whitelist the postmaster and that email address is listed in the
recipients, all recipients get the email.  So both methods do not suit
my needs.

However, the "High Scoring Spam Actions" can be used to acheive the
wanted effect, which is deliver all mail to the postmaster but not the
other recipients with the below ruleset:

To:             postmaster at domain           forward postmaster at domain
FromOrTo:       default                         delete

I changed "High Scoring Spam Actions = delete" to "High Scoring Spam
Actions = /path/to/my/ruleset.rules"

So the above will acheive the goal of having a whitelisted postmaster
without the cost of having to deliver mail to all other poor recipients
if they exist and it is spam.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk