Spam Bounce action issues

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Fri Jun 4 08:19:32 IST 2004

On Thursday, June 03, 2004 10:18 PM Alan wrote:

> Look, can we please stop beating the dead horse issue. Yes,
> those of us that continue to bounce messages, low score or
> otherwise, know that we are unliked by the masses that never
> bounce. We're not going to convince you otherwise, nor are
> you going to convince us. Its a dead issue...

So that means we can start answering questions like this with a simple "search the archives" again? No problem. :-)

There are several reasons why this horse gets beaten over and over again:

- For most of us it is simply wrong (not to say stupid in most circumstances) to bounce spam.

- Most people who are bouncing spam do not understand the implications. Many do not even seem to know that senders are faked or that this is actively used as a joe job attack.

Therefore everytime such a person simply writes a "how do I bounce spam"-like question, we feel obliged to "answer" and tell him/her all the implications.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk