Virus Vulnerability

Karl Bailey karl.bailey at LANDMARK-INFORMATION.CO.UK
Thu Jun 3 22:55:18 IST 2004

Been looking at a site:
www.testvirus.org

Which will fire a number of tests at a mail account. Among these are:

Test #21: Eicar virus within zip file hidden using the "Long MIME
Boundary Vulnerability"
And
Test #23: Eicar virus within zip file hidden using the "Empty MIME
Boundary Vulnerability"

Both of these tests seemed to get through the MailScanner system I am
running, one of which got picked up by the mcaffee groupshield solution
on an exchange server (number 23). The other (21) wasn't picked up by
anything & made it to the mail client...

Is this a problem with my config (which I suspect), or is this actually
a problem & if so can the hole be plugged?

I'm running latest version of Mailscanner, kaspersky AVP, Mcaffee uvscan
& f-prot.

Regards
Karl Bailey
Systems Administrator

=====================================
This email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error
please notify Landmark Information Group
on +44(0) 1392 441700.

For more information about the Landmark
Information Group visit
www.landmark-information.co.uk