Razor discover reload question

Alan mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Thu Jun 3 21:09:59 IST 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:50:50 -0500, Alex Neuman <alex at NKPANAMA.COM> wrote:

>.cf rules and razor have to do with SpamAssassin, which I thought got loaded
>once for every batch of messages scanned.
>
>My idea was that if you changed a rule or did a pyzor/razor discover and/or
>changed/added .cf rules then the next batch would get the changes
>implementes.
>
>If what you say is true then I have a lot of work to do... ;)

I'm pretty sure that you have to reload MS after changing any .cf files. I
know the cron scripts that update the various rule files (like chickenpox,
tripwire etc.) all include the command to reload MS in the script.

And when I make changed to my custom scripts, I don't see them taking effect
until after I reload.

I'm just not sure if a new Razor discovery that results in a server change
also needs a reload. I just know that early this morning, my Razor stopped
working until I manually stopped and restarted MS.

-Alan

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk