Spam Bounce action issues

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Jun 3 19:39:47 IST 2004

On Thursday, June 03, 2004 6:22 PM Alan wrote:

> That takes care of the problem for me!

But it does not for the people that are getting joe jobbed by you... :-)

I see your point and I do not have a solution. I currently run a
low-score 6, high-score 15 setup, quarantine spam/viruses for 30 days
and have not yet encountered a high scoring spam false positive. I
deliver low-scoring spam which is then automatically put in a
spam-folder in the corresponding recipient mailbox. This takes care of
the occasional low scoring spam false positive.

If a message really is a false positive high scoring message and
therefore does not get delivered it could indeed pose a big problem. But
I am not yet willing to accept the alternative: spam thousands of mails
to innocent people.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk