New spam faking whitelisting

Chris Conn cconn at ABACOM.COM
Thu Jun 3 16:12:15 IST 2004

Casanova, Chase wrote:

> Custom ruleset for local.cf:
>
> header          LOCAL_HDR_POSTMASTER          ALL=~/postmaster at yourdomain.com/i
> describe        LOCAL_HDR_POSTMASTER          Header contains postmaster at yourdomain.com
> score           LOCAL_HDR_POSTMASTER          100.0
>
> MailScanner.conf setting:
>
> High Scoring Spam Actions = forward postmaster at yourdomain.com
>
> or you may be looking for another Extra High Scoring Spam Action....I would be interested in learning how to set that up.... Julian?

Hello,

This would have the unfortunate side-effect of forwarding hundreds of
thousands of SPAM emails to the postmaster account.  I am only trying to
receive emails sent to postmaster at mydomain without whitelisting the
entire Cc: list should there be one.  I thought that by creating a
ruleset for high scoring spam I could do this.  I am going to stop
pondering and actually try it since this does not seem to be something
others have tried.

Chris

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk