Virus Scan Order

Brent Strignano brent at MIRABITO.COM
Thu Jun 3 14:23:09 IST 2004

For lightly loaded servers could you run two MS processes on the same
box like this?

MTA --> mqueue.in --> MS1 Virus Scan --> mqueue.2 --> MS2 Spam Scan -->
mqueue --> MTA

Would just need to set the incoming, outgoing and work dirs differently.

Brent Strignano
System Administrator
Granite Capital Holdings
Sidney, NY

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Martin Hepworth
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 9:13 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Virus Scan Order

David

technically no, but why technically bother with MS at all as it can in
other ways too..

the nice thing about MS is that is acts as a glue and you can alter the
email processing  very easily without having to mess with half a dozen
different programs.

ie administratively its 'easier' to do it in MS (of course
Julian/someone has to fess with the code radically so for them it's not
that much easier ;-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

David H. wrote:

system manager.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk