problems with mailscanner, spamassassin and postfix

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Jun 3 11:57:27 IST 2004

Frederic Bongat wrote:

>>> "Jun  3 11:06:51 server MailScanner[1794]: Messages found but no hashed
>>> queue directories. Please enable hashed queues for incoming and
>>> deferred
>>> with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation for
>>> hash_queue_names and hash_queue_depth"
>>>
>>> I added in my main.cf :
>>> hash_queue_depth = 1
>>> hash_queue_names = incoming
>>

>> Please read the error message carefully, it explicitly says "incoming
>> and
>> deferred". Your configuration line above only says "incoming".
>>

> Sorry for my last information, butI tested the various combinations and
> anything made there.
> hash_queue_depth = 1
> hash_queue_names = incoming deferred
> or
> hash_queue_depth = 2
> hash_queue_names = incoming deferred

Send through a message. Postfix only seems to make it's hash queues when
it receives mail (On some distros).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy