Bad RFC822 field name ''

Brian PASSANTE b.passante at ACTINUX.COM
Wed Jun 2 14:20:23 IST 2004

Hi,

I try to found where the problem comes from excatly.
I just find why the problem is specific to Qmail.
The Qmail.pm script use the Internet.pm lib from Mailtool which use the
Header.pm to parse headers.
This is this script which get the error message, :

Header.pm:

croak( "Bad RFC822 field name '$tag'\n")
  unless(defined $ctag && $ctag =~ /\A($FIELD_NAME|From )/oi);

I don't really know why this script return on error message because, it
seems the header "-:" is RFC822 compliant.

So I don't know if it is a bug in this lib, but i think the Qmail.pm
file must take care of error message of the Header.pm file.
Have you any idee to do it ?

Thanks a lot,

Brian.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk