Silent Viruses Options

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Wed Jun 2 03:50:51 IST 2004

Hi.

At 07:28 PM 6/1/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>At 19:09 01/06/2004, you wrote:
>>I’ve problems.
>>My options :
>>Allow IFrame Tags= disarm
>>Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame All-Viruses
>>

>>Then, my users don´t recieves mail from News Mails based in html format.
>>For example from : Cisco IDS news.( Cisco Systems Inc
>>[IDS_Active_Update at mail.ciscomessage.com])
>>
>>My users need to receive these mails, but I believe that is to leave to
>>the system antivirus uncertain. They can give a suggestion me?
>>

>>I need to permit this emails but I think
>
>The standard solution to this is to set "Allow IFrame Tags" to be a
>ruleset, allowing the tags from certain known trusted addresses such as
>the Cisco newsletters and the daily Dilbert cartoon. The "Log IFrame Tags"
>option is there to help you work out which addresses you need to whitelist.

What is logged and where is it logged? What does an entry in the log look
like? I've searched through my maillogs for IFrame but there are no entries
with that text in it. And yes, I have MailScanner setup as follows:

Allow IFrame Tags = yes
Log IFrame Tags = yes

Thanks

gib

>--
>Julian Field
>www.MailScanner.info
>Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>
>-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
>To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
>Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
>http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives at
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems