SpamAssasin rules and custom .cf files

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Tue Jun 1 21:50:20 IST 2004

Do use my_rules_du_jour. It's a rules_du_jour wrapper script that updates
the rules_du_jour script. The rules_du_jour script will automatically keep
the extra rules you choose to use up-to-date. See:

        http://www.exit0.us/index.php/MyRulesDuJour

Instead of using the BIGEVIL ruleset check out:

        http://www.surbl.org/

Implementing SpamCopURI and the Bigevil_uri.cf (and dropping the bigeveil.cf
from rules_du_jour) has greatly increased accurate spam detection and
dropped memory requirements at our sites. Everyone I have compared notes
with is reporting very good results.

Be careful how many rules you run. You can run out of memory and start
swapping.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President