SpamAssasin rules and custom .cf files

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Jun 1 21:24:06 IST 2004

Hello everyone.

Quick background here. Been running MS for almost 4 weeks now and it has
been great and doing everything. I have not had to do a whole lot of
tweaking with things because it was working so well (add to the fact im
overworked as well :) )...

Anyway, just this past weekend, I noticed that some spam was starting to
slip through my Mail Gateway server, which prompted me to start thinking
about tweaking SA a little bit.

Anyway, like I said, have not had to do a lot of tweaking from the get go,
but here is what I have.
Setup my default SA rules: low scoring spam is at 5: high is at 10.

I only downloaded to custom .cf files from
www.rulesemporium.com
anti-drug.cf
chickenpox.cf

Since additional spam was starting to leak through, I was going to start
writing some custom rulesets for SA as well as maybe download a few rulesets.

Was curious if anyone has a list of what rulesets work the best? Are there
a list of favorite rulesets that seem to work well?

Just thought i'd ask before I start downloading a few of these .cf files.

Thanks guys.

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk