RES: MailScanner + Sendmail Configuration Problems

Renata D. Vieira rdvieira at IMPACTOOLS.COM
Thu Jul 29 20:11:23 IST 2004

Hello all,

Thanks for all answers, but independently if I disable sendmail startup in
rc.conf I get MailScanner and Sendmail working together and correctly when I
do the steps bellow:

1- Stop Sendmail with the following command:
mail# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sendmail.sh stop

2- Start MailScanner with the following command:
mail# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh start

3- Restart Sendmail with the following commands:
mail# sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
mail# sendmail -q15m

And, after some hours, MailScanner stops without an apparently reason and I
can't find anything in the logs.

What can I do to start MailScanner correctly? What is the correct way?

I'm sorry if I'm doing stupid questions, but I'm a newbbie in MailScanner
and FreeBSD, too.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Renata D. Vieira
Support Analyst
Impactools - The wise solution that fits.
www.impactools.com