OT: Sophos users

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Thu Jul 29 09:02:20 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Shane Kelly wrote:

>        Apologies for the OT post, but I know many of the people on this list use
>Sophos as their av solution.
>
>        Could any of you who are using Sophos successfully as a desktop solution
>please contact me off list?
>        We are having real problems getting Sophos to update reliably from a Central
>Installation Directory set-up, and I am after a rough consensus as to wether
>or not it works for others.

works here

you can try   support at sophos.com
www.sophos.com  = manuals pdf

which
server os ?
client os ?

----
you can try savadmin.exe

your intercheck-server is installed and running on the server ?
you have a "sweeupd" user on the server (policy, logon as service ?)
share/ntfs-permissions ?

rolloutnumber in the sav.cfg
\\server\interchk\ntinst\i386\setup.exe -update -ni
\\server\interchk\w95inst\setup.exe -update -ni
-ni = non intercative,

--
shrek-m

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk