Bayes still effective?

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Thu Jul 29 05:15:50 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
On Jul 28, 2004, at 4:22 PM, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> I understand what John says about Raymond's posting lack of context
> and I share that, but I also think that the 'tone' that at least I
> 'hear' in John posting is quite rude...

My intention wasn't to be rude, but (in the first message) to be subtle
and maybe a little humorous with extreme cases and (in the second
message) to be completely un-subtle because clearly my subtlety was
missed.

This seems to be the one community/list where my attempts at subtle
humor get, consistently, taken the wrong way.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
</x-flowed>