Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 16:28:20 IST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:16:41 +0200, Muenz, Michael
<linux at leute.server.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Due to a bug of my own creation, there have been problems detecting viruses
> > in nested zip files which have the same name as their parent zip files.
> >
> > There are 2 ways of solving this problem:
> > Either
> > 1) Apply the attached patch to Message.pm
> > Or
> > 2) Install 4.32.4 which I have just released.
>
> Is 4.32.4-1 a beta release ? Just installed and works fine for me
> (Debian Woody, Postfix, F-Prot, ClamAV)
Well, it IS a beta... but that's Julian usual way to say 'guys, I'd
like to test this a little bit more before calling this a release'.

In my book, if after 24 hours of a beta release no one said anything
bad about the release on this list, then it works quite fine.

There's probably more than a dozen people here that install betas as
soon as they're released and test them in non-production environments.

Then it's up to you to decide if you put it in production or not.

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com