all patches (was Re: Fix for MyDoom-O problems)

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 16:21:31 IST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:50:07 -0400, Rob <rob at thehostmasters.com> wrote:
> I am running 4.28, I have not seen a nested zip pass through , yet, not sure
> if one came through as I have not personally seen one. I am going on
> vacation this weekend, is it safe to upgrade to the beta before I go?
>
> Is there a way to test to see if the nested zip gets through my server?  Can
> someone send me that virus to see if it gets through?

Mmmhhh... I really HATE sending or publishing viruses...

Let's compromise, I just crafted a double zipped eicar test virus and
let it in http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/eicar_com.zip, you
can send yourself that and, if the eicar.com test virus is detected,
then you're fine...

That is actually the http://www.eicar.org/download/eicarcom2.zip
double zipped eicar renamed to eicar_com.zip, so the outer zip has the
same name as the inner zip, which is the thing that was being
mishandled by MailScanner.

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby