SpamCopURI-0.19 seems (is!) broken

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Wed Jul 28 10:29:47 IST 2004

Ken Goods wrote:
> Jeff,
> Get ready to be even more puzzled.... I get the same "eval:"
> errors from "spamassassin -D --lint" but everything is
> working fine. Using Sendmail, Mailscanner, SA 2.63, ClamAV,
> and SpamCopURI-0.19. I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix
> it! I'm sure it will be back to bite me when I upgrade
> Mailscanner and Spamassassin. :-0
>
> Check the Spamassassin list for quite a few posts regarding
> this problem back on Thursday of last week (I think).
>
> Regards,
> Ken
>

> Ken Goods
> Network Administrator
> MIS Dept.
> AIA Insurance, Inc.
> Lewiston, ID

Ken,

I posted the solution to this one on this, the spamassassin-users, and
the SpamCopURI mailing lists yesterday.  Well, it worked for me.  I had
the same problem on Fedora Core 1.

In the end I tracked it down to spamassassin stuff being in the
vendor_perl directory relating to an older release of perl.  Copying the
appropriate .pm files from SpamCopUri to the appropriate
Mail/Spamassassin directory in the /usr/lib/perl5 tree solved that
problem.

So I'd have a dig in /usr/lib/perl5 looking for Mail/Spamassassin
directories and making sure the SpamCopURI modules are in there.

Cheers,

Phil
----
Phil Randal