Zip module failure

Jim Holland mailscanner at MANGO.ZW
Wed Jul 28 08:19:49 IST 2004

Hi all

I occasionally see the following error in the maillog:

Jul 27 17:39:49 mail MailScanner[23539]: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/23539/./i6RFZ4r27191/midlands.zip: Zip module failure
Jul 27 17:39:49 mail MailScanner[23539]: ProcessClamAVOutput: unrecognised line "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/23539/./i6RFZ4r27191/midlands.zip: Zip module failure". Please contact the authors!

What has happened is that MailScanner has been unable to completely open
the zip file concerned - extracting only two out of the five files inside
it.  (The zip file was 750 KB, while the extracted contents total 6.6 MB.)

I was able to extract the files using "unzip" without a problem.

How can I update the relevant Perl module so that it processes such
archives in future?

A related Perl problem that occurred yesterday, after the above issue, is
that when updating apache on my RedHat 7.1 system using up2date, the
system automatically updated Perl from perl-5.6.0 to perl-5.6.1-36.1.71.
I then found that I was left with the following directories:

        /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
        /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
        /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
        /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1

How can I rationalise this?  It could clearly lead to problems with
MailScanner.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk