Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Jul 27 19:17:53 IST 2004

> I get this
> # patch -p0 < Message.pm.patch
>   Looks like a unified context diff.
> Hunk #1 failed at line 1418.
> Hunk #2 failed at line 1433.
> Hunk #3 failed at line 1441.
> Hunk #4 failed at line 1456.
> 4 out of 4 hunks failed: saving rejects to Message.pm.rej
>   I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.

 Please note that Julian's patch was for (correct me if I'm wrong) the
latest stable version of MailScanner or newer (the beta's).

 The patch will fail (like it did for you) on earlier versions. Take a look
at the post from Mariano Absatz. He posted the following URL which has
patches that work against 4.29.7:

 http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/

 The 4.29.7 patch also applied properly for 4.30.3. I haven't noticed any
obvious problems with the patch, but I'm still testing it before I push it
into production at my site. But initial testing appears that there aren't
any obvious issues.

> Also It says 4.32 is release I don't see it on the site.

Maybe check again. It shows up for me:

http://www.mailscanner.info/downloads.shtml

 Regards,
-Joshua